Info-Organiser Version 12 – 20th Anniversary Edition
Version 188.8.131.52 ReadMe Notes
A. Support Desk and Help Topics
For User helpdesk topics on Info-Organiser visit: https://info-organiser.freshdesk.com/support/home
To log a support request go to: https://info-organiser.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
Complete the Submit a ticket form (shown below):
B. Workflow Engines
a. Enhancements to the Workflow Engines allow scope for you to create over 90 email filing rules for streamlining your Inbox and Outbox within Outlook.
Please note, this feature requires customisation and configuration. Contact us for details.
b. Ability to Multi-delete Disabled Workflows
Multi-delete Disabled Workflows via the Admin Tab > Create/Manage Workflow button.
Note, only Disabled Workflows can be multi-deleted.
To disable a Workflow:
1. Select the checkbox and make sure it is unchecked. If you are changing a workflow from Checked (Enabled) to Unchecked (Disabled) you will need to save the current workflows before deleting them.
2. Next choose the Delete Multi button on the right-hand side of the screen. (See image above).
A message will display showing a warning about disabled workflows. Click Ok.
3. When the Delete Multiple Workflows window pops up, select all the workflows you wish to delete. You can select multiple workflows with the Shift or Ctrl buttons on your keyboard.
C. Changing Icons on Workflow Menu Button
You can select from a variety of icons or coloured folders to use as Workflow Menu Buttons via the Admin Tab > Create/Manage Workflow button.
Click the Create Button to open the Create Workflow window.
1. To change an icon, the Workflow Trigger Field MUST be set to Menu Button as shown below:
2. Highlight the Workflow to change the icon. Then press the right mouse button to open the menu and scroll down to select Change Workflow Icon.
3. A selection of icons will be displayed. Scroll down to see more options. You choose a new icon by highlighting it, then click Select. (As shown below):
D. Update to Office Add-Ins.
a. The Info-Organiser Office Add-Ins have been simplified making it even easier and faster to file emails from Outlook into Info-Organiser.
b. A Cancel button has been added on "Prompt for email filing".
Cancel allows you to cancel the prompt for auto filing command. The Yes and No commands work as normal.
E. Document Properties - Notes
Notes has been made more user friendly and now displaying Note number in Title of Note.
Fixed View/Notes issue whereby opening Note first time from View menu Note would NOT display even though it had been selected.
F. Automated Maintenance
Enhanced maintenance prompts are added on start-up that will run background service checks on Info-Organiser. This will result in improved efficiency and ease of adding new users.
A scheduled maintenance feature can be setup on your server to do daily database indexing.
As the databases grows in size, re-indexing is a critical maintenance factor. We have updated Info-Organiser to be able to schedule re-indexing daily if required (recommended for most databases). You need to be an administrator to access this section.
Go to System Settings > Database tab
Check the box: Enable scheduled Re-Index of Database
Select Run time from the scroll option
Check the boxes for the Run Days (recommend all five boxes Mon to Fri)
G. Attache Accounting Integration
The Smart Invoices module can export to integrated fields in Attaché software such as Invoice number, total amount, supplier code, date, cost centre, etc.
This feature solves double entry of data to save time and increases overall workflow productivity.
Please note, this requires customisation and configuration. Contact us for details.
For more information on how to use the Smart Invoices Module for automated filing, contact us to organise a demo
H. Usergroup Changes
Improved Document Security Access via Groups/Roles instead of via User level.
Solves previous issues experienced when adding new users.
I. Updated Login Settings
The Login Window has a new colour treatment in honour of our 20th Anniversary in 2019.
A new and required Company Name field allows us to track your Version Number and provide you with better support.
J. My Views, Shared Views, and View Management
How to create shared views
Two new shared views have been setup in V12 called "Default View" and "No Smart Folders"
By pressing the "View Management" button in the above menu you will see the two new views in the "My Views" Tab and the "Shared Views Tab"
K. Full Text Search
Instructions for Full Text Search Installation. (Free ifilter /Paid Ifilters)
We have been asked for instructions to set up Full Text Searching for when Info-Organiser users update their server. For full instructions please visit:
E-Mail Profile can connect to an Office 365 server using Exchange Web Services rather than using plain SMTP.
Meaning, that when you use an Office 365 account to send emails, the emails are also stored in the Sent Items of the Office 365 account.
To setup a new Office 365 email profile:
1. Open the Profile using the Admin - Profile button:
2. We will now discuss the data required to setup a profile using the following screen as an example:
3. Follow the instructions below:
Give the profile a name and choose Create.
Select the Use Office 365 checkbox. Some boxes will be greyed out/disabled as they are not required.
The username is the Office365 login you want to use to send the email from.
The password is either your normal password or, if you have Multi Factor Authentication setup, then you will have to create an App Password first by logging into this account in Office 365 and then going to https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/AppPasswords.aspx and creating a new App Password and using that instead.
The sender email is nearly always the same as the username email.
Recipient email is where the email will go to once sent.
If required, a User Defined property (that are extracted from selected documents later) can be used to define where the email goes when sent from the Bulk Send option - also under Admin.
Remember to save the profile once completed.
Press Send test email button to test the setup.
M. Bulk Send
1. First, setup an Email profile as per:
2. Next, setup a template that will be the actual email body.
First choose Text Block from the Admin menu:
You now have the Text Block Template screen:
3. Give your template a name and press Create. Now you can choose various properties that will be extracted from selected documents when you use the Bulk Email function later.
In the above example we have chosen Doc Name and Date Processed. You can add normal text as well in the document.
4. Finally save your template and click Close to exit the screen.
5. Next, go to the Message section in the Admin tab:
The E-Mail Message screen allows you to pick various profiles, a Subject, and finally an email template you created earlier (in this example we have used Template 1).
Save this new message and click Close to exit the screen.
6. Choose a document from the Smart View Tab and the Bulk Send will be enabled.
Now when you choose the Bulk Send option you will see your new E-Mail Message in the dropdown. Using this example, you would see Message 1.
Choosing Message 1 will send the email to the person setup in the Email profile.
If you choose multiple documents, each one will go out as a separate email.
N. Saved Search – Search Management (Ordering)
Once a Search is saved, you can re-order the Saved Search by using the up and down arrows.
Then click Save.
This reorders the saved search list under My Searches and Shared Searches.
Ordering works the same for Shared Views.
O. Licensing Update – Office Login changed
Info-Organiser Version 11 and 12 work on a Named User license, to follow Microsoft Software protocols.
In Version 12 we are asking Users not to login as ‘Office’, but only use the ‘Office’ account as a Default Administrator account.
To this end we have changed the ‘Office’ password. However, we can setup a User to be an Administrator also.
Please contact us to assist you: https://info-organiser.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
P. Technical Updates
Updated Date and Time settings for user-defined date fields
- Admin Section: Edit property type - data type updated
- Fixed update icon for folders
Q. Multiple-Page PDF Split Feature
A new feature that enables you to import and separate multiple-page PDFs so that documents can be indexed separately. Ideal for mixed PDF batches received from other offices or suppliers.
1. Go to Admin > General Settings Tab > PDF Split Tab
2. Use the Browse button to find the folder that contains the PDF documents on your computer.
3. Select Sub-Folders option.
"Search sub-folders" will search and process all sub-folders under the chosen folder.
If you choose "Save documents to a sub-folder" a folder will be created with the same filename and all document pages will be in that folder.
If you choose "Move original document to backup folder" a backup folder will be created, and the original file will be moved to that directory.
Select "Send split details email" to send details of the split operation to an email address. The default email will be the one in the E-Mail Profile setup under Admin > Profile.
4. If you click "Process Files" without selecting any options, the file will be split into multiple documents per page containing the same filename with _page_x added to the filename whereby x is the page number.
5. An Excel spreadsheet will open containing all the details of the split operation.
Thank you for using Info-Organiser for your everyday business filing.